Aussie Memorial Hill 60

 

1st Australian Tunnelling Coy, Memorial.

Note the Bullet marks from WW2.

 

Hill 60 in the background

 

 

 

Towards Ypres from Memorial.

The Cloth Hall spire can just be seen in the distance.

 

 

 

Tunnelling began in March 1915 by 171st Tunnelling Coy Royal Engineers.

The Canadian Engineers relieved the R.E.s in April 1916.

The 1st Aussie's arrived at the end of 1916.

  CWGC Index     Home