The cemetery contains 47 burials, of which 43 are identified. 27 are officers and men of the Duke of Wellington’s (West Riding Regiment), 11 of the Rifle Brigade, 5 of the King’s Royal Rifle Corps. 3 of the unidentified are also men of the West Riding Regiment.
The cemetery was begun by Territorial Bataalions of the West Riding Regiment in July 1915 and used until February 1916. Colne Valley, Skipton Road and Huddersfield Road were names given to the trenches by the 49th Division.