This cemetery was used between 9th June 1915 and 5th August 1917. The 62nd, 16th, 9th, 11th, 129th and 130th Field Ambulances successively had dressing stations close by.
A collective grave in Plot 2, Row E, contains the remains of 37 men of the 3rd Bn Monmouthshire Regiment, killed on parade on 29th December 1915 by a single shell fired from a naval gun in Houthulst Forest.
The graves in Plot 3 run in order of date of death and show the successive occupation of Elverdinghe Chateau by the 38th Welsh Division, The Guards Division and units of the Royal Artillery.
There are 409 United Kingdom Burials, of which 6 are unidentified. The cemetery also contains three German burials.