This cemetery contains the graves of officers and men of the 1st DCLI, all of whom died in April to July 1915. Graves were added after the War from the battlefield.
The Bluff is a narrow ridge and the Germans took the 14th (Light) Division trenches in February 1916. The 3rd Division retook it on 2nd March and it remained in British hands until the spring of 1918. The 14th Division retook it on 28th September 1918.
There are 76 burials, of which 13 are unidentified.