This cemetery takes its name from a nearby farmhouse, which was called Irish House by the troops. It is a small cemetery, with 77 burials. 40 are unidentified, and there is 1 special memorials for a man known to be buried in the cemetery.
It was begun in June 1917 by the Irish Division. It includes the graves of 33 officers and men of the 1st Gordon Highlanders who were killed in December 1914 and reburied here by the 11th Royal Irish Rifles in June 1917. It was held by the Germans from April to August 1918.
Four men of the 9th Bn Sherwood Foresters are buried here: F. Clayton, E. Bond, H. Strickson and A. Sibbring.