The Old Military Cemetery was first used during the 1st Battle of Ypres and was closed at the beginning of May 1915.
It contains 450 Commonwealth Burials of which 24 are unidentified. There are 7 Special memorials. There are also German and Chinese Graves.
The cemetery once contained some 800 Belgian and French graves, plus 500 Belgian Civilians. These were removed after the war.